Women’s Self-Defense Classes
At RMSDF, we offer Krav Maga women’s self-defense classes, so that you can feel stronger, safer and more empowered as you live a rich, fulfilling life in your community. We believe that everyone should be safe, confident and able to protect themselves. Krav Maga is the only personal defense and fight training we offer, because we believe it is the best and all you need for self-protection. As a women’s defense discipline, our Colorado Krav Maga classes offer many benefits — from being easy to learn for all ages and abilities, to providing simple yet effective self-defense techniques for all real-life situations.
Why Should Women Take Self-Defense Classes?
It is a sad fact of life, but women are far more subject to harassment and to having their personal safety threatened than are men. Female athletes are especially at risk. A 2017 survey conducted by Runner’s World found that 43% of women had been harassed while out on a run, and this number was as high as 58% for those under 30 years of age. If you enjoy running up and down Colorado’s beautiful trails, it’s important that you know how to defend yourself. As the “Me Too” movement made clear, most women experience sexual harassment at some point in their lives — as many as 81% of the female population, according to an online survey. There are other reasons for women to have some type of defense training. In addition to enhancing personal safety, the ability to fight off a potential attacker instills a feeling of confidence.
Why Is Krav Maga the Best Self-Defense Training for Women?
Krav Maga martial arts is an excellent form of self-defense training and is especially well-suited to ensure women’s personal safety. It was developed as a street fighting technique by Czechoslovakian Jews to protect themselves from fascist groups. Krav Maga was later taught to soldiers in Israeli defense forces, as it was easy to learn for all ages and abilities, simple to execute and highly effective in real-life situations. Krav Maga training incorporates wrestling, boxing, aikido, judo, karate and fight training techniques. It’s based on people’s instinctive responses to dangers and threats, with the guiding principle that you should always be ready for anything.
In addition to teaching highly effective methods of self-defense, Krav Maga helps women to:
• Be more confident – Our Krav Maga classes are designed to fit individual abilities, yet they’re meant to be tough and challenging. Through mastering new techniques and learning how to protect herself, a woman is empowered with more self-confidence.
• Boost strength and stamina – Krav Maga benefits include greater strength and stamina, which are very important when facing a potential attacker.
• Enhance fitness level, lose weight and tone muscle – In addition to being extremely effective for self-defense, Krav Maga is an amazing workout. It helps improve overall fitness, burn calories and develop muscle tone.
• Develop critical thinking skills and mental focus – Krav Maga is not only a physical discipline, but also a mental one. As it trains students to use their instinctive reflexes to defend and protect themselves, it also teaches them to be aware of their surroundings and their attacker’s vulnerabilities and weaknesses, which are then exploited to take control of the situation. This requires critical thinking and strong mental focus.
• Reduce stress and feel more comfortable – As a woman becomes confident that she can defend herself successfully if a situation becomes dangerous, she’ll be more comfortable going out at night, going for a walk in the early morning and other activities that might have previously caused anxiety and stress. It’s all about feeling comfortable in your own skin and ready to take on the world!
What Do Our Self-Defense Classes for Women Teach?
Our classes focus exclusively on self-defense and fighting skills that a woman can use to protect herself in a potentially dangerous situation. This isn’t just another “feel good” women-only weekend self-defense class. RMSDF Krav Maga is serious martial arts training that keeps skills fresh and the body in peak condition, for females aged 13 and older. It provides comprehensive training so that you can defend yourself from various kinds of attacks, including knife, gun, attempted rape, home invasion, street fights, carjacking and other realistic situations. We teach students to face the danger, counterattack and do whatever it takes to get home safely.
Each class begins with a warm-up period that includes body weight exercises and shadow boxing. Students then learn basic blocks, strikes and kicks for specific circumstances, in addition to a certain self-defense technique or a more advanced skill that involves defending against various weapons. Most sessions end with a drill that incorporates the various moves and techniques that were learned in that class. All defense techniques and moves in our classes are geared toward realistic situations that you may face, and the most effective methods one can use to disarm an attacker and protect oneself.
As students are trained by our certified Krav Maga instructors in effective Krav Maga fighting techniques, they’re also taught to have a heightened awareness of their surroundings and to be able to target their attacker’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
Is Krav Maga Difficult for Women to Learn?
Because Krav Maga is a simple, straightforward form of martial arts that does not involve any complicated forms or fancy kicks, it is very easy for someone of any age to learn. It’s an accessible defense training for ladies at any physical fitness level — even those who aren’t in shape and have never been to a gym. No previous martial arts training is required.
Two Convenient Colorado Locations: Castle Rock & Englewood
The RMSDF dojo has two convenient locations in Colorado: one in Castle Rock and one in Englewood (Meridian Village / Lone Tree).
780 Kinner St.
Castle Rock, Colorado 80109
Englewood (Meridian Village / Lone Tree)
11800 Oswego St.
Englewood, Colorado 80112
Women’s Self-Defense at RMSDF
At RMSDF, we have been offering Krav Maga training since 2002. Our Krav Maga classes are taught by highly certified Krav Maga trainers, and our Krav Maga community is extremely supportive, helping each other in the common goal, which is to defend and protect oneself. This is especially true in our women-only defense training class, as the shared experience of being strong women in today’s world creates an unbreakable bond. We believe in nurturing and building on that strength to help you reach the highest levels of personal achievement.
Find out if Krav Maga is right for you by taking our quiz. You can also book a trial class or experience the power of Krav Maga training for a week, at a special introductory price. Contact us for more information.
Empower yourself and realize your full potential with our Krav Maga women’s self-defense classes.