We are very excited to announce that we are reopening classes in person!!!
Starting Thursday, May 7th
We know that not everyone will feel comfortable and ready to come back. Therefore, Zoom classes will continue to be offered during regular class time. If you are not a member of the “band” app, you will need to download this app. This is where all Zoom meetings will be posted. You will be attending via Zoom with the class that is taking place in person. Non-equipment, scaled options will be provided.
Please note that this may not look and feel the same as classes have in the past. We want to take all the precautions that we can to keep you safe while you train as RMSDF. In order for this process to be successful, we need your compliance. We are attaching the guidelines that we need everyone to follow. We have met with our coaches and trained them extensively on the processes that need to be followed. We ask that you take their direction and comply with the attached guidelines. If you are unable to comply, we will address this with you individually.
While we LOVE being a family-friendly gym that welcomes everyone, at this time we have to ask that all spectators, parents, and kids refrain from coming in the gym. We can only have those participating in classes in the building and only during their scheduled class time. Anyone is welcome to spectate from the parking lot, through the windows. We ask that you be respectful to others and obey social distancing even in the parking lot areas.
Again, all of the details are covered in the attached document. We ask that you review this document so that you are prepared and know what is expected. Generally speaking, Crossfit members will need to enter and exit through the rear door and remain in the rear of the building for the entire time they are on site. Krav Maga members will enter and exit through the front door and only remain in that section of the building. There is a full list of proper cleaning procedures in the attached document.
Rocky Mountain Self Defense and Fitness COVID Procedures
1. Class schedules will be modified so that cleaning can occur during and after all classes. –
2. Class sizes will be capped at 3 people per coach, We will have coaches an apprentice’s take there group of 3 and social distance per state guidelines.
3. Floor sections will be marked off to ensure proper social distancing.
4. Coaches are responsible for ensuring 6 ft. social distancing in their classes.
5. Coaches are required to wear face coverings when members are in the gym.
6. Coaches are responsible for monitoring members for any concerning health symptoms.
7. Coaches should not be touching members nor their equipment. (at this time members will be responsible for all of their own equipment, including the cleaning of that equipment.)
8. RMSDF will supply EPA approved COVID disinfectant.
9. Coaches using whiteboard markers need to disinfect the markers at the end of class, and place the clean marker by the stereo for the next coach. Please also clean the whiteboard.
10. Zoom meetings will continue so that those at home can join in, if they cannot get into the class or if they choose to not attend in person.
11. For those in Krav Maga, We will be running classes in “soft martial” style
12. There will be no admittance of spectators, children waiting, etc. in the gym. Only those who have signed up to attend the class may enter the gym. (Parents who want to watch their children, can do so from the parking lot, through the front windows.
1. Crossfit class attendees must enter through the rear door of the building. These members will have access to 1 restroom/changing room, located to the rear of the building. These members should not pass the “boundary line” to the front of the building.
2. Krav members must enter through the front doors. These members will have access to the restroom located at the front of the building. These members should not cross the “boundary line” to the rear of the building.
3. If you are attending a class after another class please wait outside until the coach comes out to get you. (Please exercise social distancing while waiting outside.)
4. When you enter the gym, please proceed to the restroom to wash your hands or use a wipe* provided to wipe your hands thoroughly
5. All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized prior to any classes starting.
6. Crossfit –
a. Members will be assigned a workout section. Any equipment used during the class (any PVC, rowers, kettlebells, light weights,) needs to remain in your section and needs to be disinfected before you leave the gym. Coaches need to ensure that all equipment used has been sanitized before the member can leave the gym.
b. There will be no use of “communal” or gym provided whiteboards and markers. You will need to bring your own record keeping device, note pad, pens, etc.
a. When done using any equipment, the class will pause and the coach will ensure that all members have wiped down all equipment that was used ( pads, heavy bags, KB, etc.)
8. Members are not to share any equipment during a class.
9. There will be no drinking fountain facilities provided. Please bring your own water.
10. At the end of the workout, coaches are responsible for ensuring that all members have sanitized their equipment before it is put back.
11. At the end of each night, the RMSDF staff will disinfect all surfaces and equipment.