NEW MEMBER ONBOARDING
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE OWNERS
Thank you for starting a membership with Rocky Mountain Self Defense & Fitness. We are a small family-run business and we value each and every member.
If we can do anything to help you achieve your goals please let us know. If we can improve in any way we would love to know-how.
Always feel free to contact us directly. Our business cards are at the front desk.
Remember “Small Progress Is Progress”
John & Jenny RMSDF Castle Rock
Jason & John KFM Meridian
A Message About Being A Newbie
BAND social media & info app
We have a few ways of getting info out to our members, The biggest is the BAND APP, think facebook for just our gym nothing else. You get private message someone, post a question from the community to answer as well as find out if we are closed due to a snowstorm.
Get on the group here:
Krav Maga Castle Rock: https://band.us/n/abac53I2pcb8L
ProjectFit Castle Rock: https://band.us/n/afa53ega82Kba
Meridian Krav Maga: https://band.us/n/a6af32gc84D2T
MESSAGE FOR ADVANCED UPPER BELTS & INSTRUCTORS
Hey Team. As many of you already know, in the back end of things here at the gym we have been working on an idea to promote better communication between Staff, Instructors, and Students. This is the launch of that idea.
Many of you already have access to the Instructors Group through the Band app, we are now using the same idea for the whole gym and we need your guys’ help in heading this out. We have divided the schedule into groups, or “Squads”, by class times. Both Students and Instructors will join the Squads for the class times they usually attend/teach, lead and generally organized by you guys. John and the other full-time staff will be managing and participating as well but we need you guys to be participating and being “hands-on” with the Squads.
What we are wanting this launch to do is promote better communication throughout the gym as well as give the opportunity for leadership and mentoring of newer students by the more experienced upper belts and Instructors. Both things we have seen benefit students before, and we are excited to see what this will do on a larger scale.
With the Band app, and in your Squads there many things you can do, from group and individual communication, group posts, challenges, and polls. We encourage you all to do some looking into the features of the app. Attached with this message are links to the list of current squads for you to join, as well as YouTube videos for more information into the app.
Let us know if you guys have any questions with the launch and where we can help.
Nutrition & 6 week meal plan
RMSDF 6 WEEK MEAL PLAN & GUIDE
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD:
JACKO Supplements at 10%
One of the all-time favorites is JOINT WARFARE
KEEP IT SIMPLE, EAT CLEAN
Keep it simple when choosing your meals. Can you grow it in a garden? Can you hunt it? Whole foods are the best. It’s the Fast Food and The Processed Food making America FAT.
LONG TERM SUCCESS
Do you want to succeed over the long term? We see members make significant progress in the 1st few months of training. After that, we see a leveling of in weight loss and body fat loss. You must change your diet if you want long-term success.
THE 80/20 RULE
The 80/20 rule is eating clean 80% of the time and only allowing 20% crap. You can also try eating clean 6 days a week and having one “Cheat Day”. In the hopes of making the cheat day less and less over time.
MRM SUPPLEMENTS @ 40% OFF?
Ask John or Jason about MRM-usa.com products. We order monthly on the 15th, so get your order in ASAP!
Everything you need at 40% off the price on the MRM website.
EVENTS & FUNDRAISERS
BIRTHDAY’S & TEAM BUILDING / CORPORATE EVENTS
We do a lot more than just our daily class schedule!
Birthdays For Kids & Adults
Bring your friends to an RMSDF Birthday Party. We can customize a party to your needs and wants.
Be it kids themed party or an adult party we can make it fun.
We also do Team Building Seminars, Group Demos, Fundraisers, and School Demos.
We love to participate in Community events so let us know if you have one!
Need something for a school or church raffle. Ask Us for a 2 week or 30 day RMSDF Guest Pass $100- 189 value
Referral Credits EARN $$
Help Others Benefit
If you know of anyone who could benefit from our Adult Krav Maga / Kids Krav Maga or Project Fit our signature fitness program, we would love a referral from you! Training is always more fun when you have a friend to do it with!
We would rather pay you than Pay FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE
Earn $10 per month they sign up for.
For example, they purchase a 12-month membership. You receive a $120 bill credit when they make their 2nd payment.
Credit Card & Payment Update
What Does #SUCK-LESS Mean?
Policy & Info Page
RMSDF POLICY AND RULES
- All unexpected closures will be posted on the Band App or the RMSDF App . Join the Groups Here: https://rmsdf.com/band-app/
- We are closed most national holidays. Please check Band or RMSDFApp or the info board. We have figured in three weeks of closures per year into our monthly membership fees.
- Snow Closures –Are Posted on the Apps
- REMOVE YOUR STREET SHOES WHEN ENTERING THE KRAV MAGA FLOOR. No Street shoes are allowed on the training mats. If you’re wearing your shoes in from the parking lot you will now be required to go barefoot. Please help keep the mats clean, no one likes training in dirt, and whatever else is tracked in from the street. You Must NOT WEAR your training shoes outside!! Please change in to your training shoes once you arrive at the gym.
- Hand Wraps or RMSDF MMA gloves are required during all punching drills involving pads, mitts or on the heavy bags! No exceptions! (no one wants your DNA on the equipment)
- All gear must be purchased in the RMSDF pro shops.
Including all Uniform T-shirts, shorts/pants, fight gear, mma gloves and protective hand wraps.
- Student “uniform” must be worn to all Krav Maga classes. KM shirt, pants/shorts?belt and MMA gloves for Krav Maga. Anything found on the online proshop may be worn in classes: https://kravmaga-online.com/ No outside gear/shirts allowed
- Any class with only one person attending is subject to cancellation at the instructor’s discretion.
- If you are regularly more then 10-15 minutes late for class it is at the Instructor’s discretion to admit you into class.
The warm-up is imperative for conditioning and injury prevention.
- We are closed on National Holidays and some Douglas County school vacations.* We have already figured these closings into our monthly tuition pricing.
- All membership communications and cancellations must be made in writing or email. **No voicemails or text message of any sort including social media messages
CLASSROOM ATTIRE AND REQUIRED KRAV MAGA GEAR BY BELT LEVEL
Visitors: Casual Workout Attire, Sneakers*, Water, Towel
White Belt: Krav Gear (Krav Maga T-Shirt and Pants), RMSDF MMA Gloves, Sneakers (optional), Groin Protector and Mouth Piece
Yellow Belt All of White Belt and Shin Guards, 16 oz Boxing Gloves
Orange Belt: All of Yellow and Head GearGreen Belt: All of the above and HR-1 Training Blade & Training Gun Weapon (in training package) for Green Testing
· All equipment must be purchased at RMSDF.
CLASSROOM ATTIRE PROJECTFIT
Visitors: Casual Workout Attire, Sneakers* & Workout Towel
Students: Your Favorite Fitness Gear, Water, Towel, Sneakers*
*Everyone must change into workout shoes or make sure their shoes are clean, before stepping onto the training floor. Doing Burpees are bad enough, doing them on a dirty floor really sucks. We strive for a clean gym, not a pigsty.
All Memberships are a purchase. If you purchased a 12-month membership you are not stuck in a contract. You purchased 12 months of training, just like buying a car. We allow monthly payments with no finance charges. You are responsible to pay regardless of your attendance. Memberships Auto-renew on a month-to-month basis with 30 days written notice & a completed cancelation form. Send an email to info@ RMSDF
PROJECT FIT INFO
Project Fit – A path to lifelong fitness & wellness.
- Be consistent
- Work all aspects of fitness. Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, Cardiovascular Endurance, Flexibility, Body Fat Composition
- Eat real food
- Do exercise you “don’t like” It will make you BETTER.
- We can all work functional movements at any age. Scaling a movement is perfectly ok!
- Check You Ego’s Ladies & Gentleman.
Project Fit Workout Of The Day
Find the daily workout here: https://rmsdf.com/wod/
Just don’t be a cherry picker, Do things you don’t like it will make you better!
You can always scale back your intensity on any given workout. Just let the coach know you are sore, injured etc. and they will help you. We would rather see you than not.
Travel or Home Workouts
CAN’T MAKE IT TO THE GYM OR TRAVELING OUT OF TOWN?
NOW YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE TO MISS YOUR WOD.
Check Out Our Youtube Channel Here For Lot’s Of Ideas
Here is one example
Get Gym swag from t-shirts, yoga pants, hoodies and more.
KRAV MAGA INFO
Krav Maga Gear & Equipment
All Gear Must Be Purchased From Our Pro Shop
There are No EXCEPTIONS! If you purchased something from Amazon that is the same brand IE REVGEAR, we will not allow it in the gym. We have a record of every financial purchase made at the gym and the online stores. Support Local, Support YOUR Gym. Amazon Can Not Teach You, Krav Maga!
GIFT IDEAS OR SPECIALTY EQUIPMENT
If you want something we do not stock from Revgear we can get it for you as a special order Just ask.
From Heavy Bags to higher-end MMA gloves. We can get it for you at a discount.
NEED A NEW SHIRT?
Everything from Yoga pants, shorts, rash guards, and duffel bags.
Castle Rock Members Use This Store: https://kravmaga-online.com/
Meridian Members Use This Store: https://meridian.kravmaga-online.com/
Please use the link that supports your location. They are separate entities.
A side project of John’s https://www.clearsky-online.com/
REQUIRED GEAR PER BELT RANK
Basic Belt Levels
All can be found at the gym. We order headgear per hat size/head circumference
YELLOW BELTS are required to have 16oz sparring gloves
Orange Belts Are required to Have MMA shin guards
Camo Belts are required to have headgear.
Intermediate & Advanced Belt Levels
Blue Hand Gun
ar-15 or another long gun
HR-1 The KRAV MAGA Training Knife & Training Blade
Being A Good Training Partner & Student
Video Being A Good Training Partner In Krav Maga
#1 Be consistent
#2 Check your ego
# 3 Let the instructors do their job – you are not the coach be careful of being too”Helpful” We believe in reps. It takes 1000’s of reps to become a black belt. Even if your partner only gets 1 or 2 steps. Its better that they keep repeating those, instead of you coaching them on the next step.
Krav Maga 101
Krav Maga is a self-defense system developed by the Israeli army. In Hebrew, Krav Maga literally means “contact combat.” Developed by Hungarian boxer and wrestler Imi Lichtenfeld in the 1930s, the system was first used by Israeli underground paramilitary organizations such as Haganah. When Israel became an official country in 1948, Lichtenfeld was appointed Chief Instructor and Combat Trainer for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Since then, Krav Maga has spread, and it’s now practiced in over 30 countries around the world. At first view, Krav Maga may look like a martial art, but it’s actually a form of combat with no rules and no limitations. Martial arts such as Judo, Karate, and even wrestling are considered sports; Krav Maga, on the other hand, is a regulated form of combat. In fact, the point of Krav Maga is to take the enemy down as quickly as possible. Some instructors of Krav Maga explain it as “the art of going home alive,” which means doing whatever it takes to go home.
Principles of Krav Maga:
Neutralize the threat
Defend and Counter Attack Simultaneously
Use the body’s natural reflexes-
Strike any vulnerable areas
Use any tool or object nearby
Do whatever it takes to go HOME!
Krav Maga & Fight Class Rules & Etiquette
- Always show respect to your instructor, training partners, and fellow human beings.
Respect in training means: do not seek to harm fellow students physically or emotionally. Respect also means that you must train seriously and hard enough for you and your partner to improve his or her skill, conditioning, and fighting spirit. Not giving your best during training detracts from both you and your partner’s experience.
- What happens on the mat stays on the mat
- Tap before it hurts
- Do not strike joints, we kick low but nobody needs a blown-out knee
- Use control & technique before muscle
- Fingernails and toenails must be clipped to avoid scratches
- No food is permitted on the mats, drinks are allowed
- Absolutely no street shoes on the Krav Maga mats.
- All students must wear fight gear approved by RMSDF
- Wear a clean uniform and bathe, nobody wants to partner with a smelly person
- Show respect to each other. For example, before you spar you should touch gloves, bow, or give each other a nod of respect. Similarly, before you, roll/grapple shake hands or“knuckle touch”.
- Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Upward progression in technique, strength, speed and ability WILL COME. Listen to your Coach.
- Do not talk while the instructor is talking. It is disrespectful to those who are trying to learn and to the instructor.
- If your partner is being overly enthusiastic or acting in a manner that makes you uncomfortable ask them to stop/slow down. If they don’t notify your instructor. Please remember not everyone wants to train t a million miles an hour
- Remember if you look after your partner they will look after you
HOW To TIE YOUR BELT
Throw Down The Gauntlet - Adults
BELT TESTING INFO
WHAT IS THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET?
Throw Down The Gauntlet Is Krav Maga Belt testing RMSDF style. Look at it as a challenge just like doing a 5k, climbing a 14teener, or doing a tough mudder. It is where you prove to yourself you know your Krav Maga techniques.
To move from White belt to Yellow belt the Requirements are:
- 20 classes and 3 months of training
- Basic combative knowledge – only what has been covered in the monthly rotations, starting the 1st month of your training
- Basic Self Defense – only what has been covered in the monthly rotations, starting the 1st month of your training
See the University for Basic Level Video’s
Basic techniques can also be found under the monthly rotations. https://rmsdf.com/krav-maga-belt-levels/
We schedule our testing dates a whole year in advance so to give you extra time to make sure you can attend.
Testing dates can be found on Band & the next upcoming test here: https://rmsdf.com/adult-testing-throw-down-the-gauntlet-sign-up-page/
2021/22 T.D.G Dates
Kids testing run the week before and after adult dates
Basic & Intermediate
Sept 24 & 25
Basic – Advanced Belts
Basic & Intermediate
March 25 & 26 2022
Basic – Advanced Belts
Punch Combos 1-4
Make sure you know combo’s 1-4
We have a lot of video lessons on our Youtube Chanel & Our Spark RMSDF Member App
WEB-BASED LINK: https://rmsdf.upleveluniversity.co/Courses.aspx
RMSDF SPARK APP: https://rmsdf.com/new-app-launched/
YOUTUBE – Please Click SUBSCRIBE AND HIT THE NOTIFY BELL TO GET NEW VIDEO NOTIFICATIONS
My Side Project CLEARSKY TRAINING https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1g7co6ygHZaqeXtLIASsNg
KIDS KRAV MAGA INFO
Why Are We Here & Principles Of Black Belt
KIDS KRAV MAGA WHITE BELT INFO
KIDS KRAV MAGA CLASS STARTS WITH:
# 1 WHY ARE WE HERE?
“To Build A Strong Mind & A Strong Body”