I joined RMSDF in November 2017.
- Why did you choose RMSDF?
I was looking for a gym to get in shape but didn’t want to do the normal boring style gym. I’ve thought about trying Krav Maga a long time ago when I saw it on TV one day. So I looked at places around me to see what was available and RMSDF showed up. They had great reviews so I tried it out.
- What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting Krav Maga?
Mostly I’ve just noticed my energy levels increase and a big increase in my cardio.
- What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting Krav Maga?
I would tell them to be patient and come to as many classes as you can. It does take some time to learn the moves and techniques and the best way to learn this is repetition.
- What is your favorite Krav Maga exercise or technique?
Burpies! Haha, not. I really enjoy the sparring in fight class. It is much harder than the classes because you don’t know what your partner is going to do and it’s in a more realistic setting. Sparring really tests your skillset and helps you learn where you’re weak and need more practice.
- What is your favorite activity outside of Krav Maga?
I love to go hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter.
- What is your proudest accomplishment at Krav Maga?
So far it’s been getting my orange belt… and member of the month.
- Have you made any changes to your diet?
No changes in my diet. I have commitment issues.
- Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Prior to joining, I struggled some with social anxiety. It’s gotten better over the years but I definitely noticed it’s gotten a lot better since joining RMSDF.
- What/who inspires you the most?
I’d have to say my dad. He was a great role model and person.
Martial Arts Classes For Kids You have more options for martial arts classes for kids if you live in Castle Rock, Co. / Douglas County area. Rocky Mountain [...]
Lone Tree Krav Maga Summer 2018 Hey Lone Tree! Looking to start Krav Maga this summer 2018? You can get started working towards your self defense & fitness goals today. Just fill out the [...]